The Smart About Salt Council
The Smart About Salt Council is a not-for-profit organization which offers training to improve winter salting practices on facilities and recognizes industry leaders through certification.
To protect freshwater from winter salt applied on facilities
All facilities professionally designed and managed to imprpove winter safety and reduce salt use
Our Values (3Cs)
- Collaboration: We believe there is strength in numbers and that together we can address the complex social, economic and environmental issues related to winter safety.
- Credibility: We recognize that clear, defendable standards and transparency are critical to achieving our mission.
- Continuous Improvement: We commit to continuous improvement for our programs and expect the same from our members.
Our Goals (5Ps)
- Programs that develop and recognize industry leaders
- Partnerships that support our mission and vision
- Policies that improve industry standards
- People that are inspired, committed and engaged
- Performance that is measurable and defendable